Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Adventure


What if each month this year I make sure a fun (scary?) adventure gets marked into the books?

Doesn't have to be daring or expensive, right?  Could just be something new that takes me someplace - literally or otherwise. What a great Hindsight 20:20 that would make.

This month I'll be skiing Park City, Utah for the first time. For me? Yes, this is Adventure. Some thrill, some bravery (!) and some fun with amazing people I get to call friends. And I might get to ride a snowmobile for the first time ever.  ✔︎ Check!

Paris will be an adventure in March, with my daughter.

What about February? Maybe Old Rag again - that's a great challenge, and my hubs and I are stronger this year than last, so we'll have a great time.

May could be a juried application to McGuffey Art Center....(scary!)

April?  I need to come up with a list, a plan. Schedule classes and trips. Buy train tickets. Make it happen. Italy for Christmas? OMG would that be amazing?! That will take planning.

It's amazing how Adventure needs to be created. It doesn't really just happen on its own. You have to wander off in a new direction. Or plunge. Either way, you have to ACT. I want stories, experiences. So I'm going to create them. And maybe if I keep doing it, I will just get better and better at it.

I love a journey into the unknown (maybe because I have such a great known to come back to afterward).  #blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...