Friday, January 18, 2019

Smitten


Today I saw, yet again, the love of my life living his amazing joy and giving giving giving so much to our family that I thought my heart would explode in the middle of Costco.

He called wondering if he should pick up E on the way home, and I told him, "Hey, we're all here at Costco - let me know if you need anything." He said, "Why don't I meet you there?" Which is so typical for him. He just had a long office day, ran out to get in some much needed stress-relieving exercise, is hungry and ready to go home, but checks to see if he should pick up E and then opts to drive over and join us on a little shopping venture, because, well, he wants to be with us.

Costco is a big place. So he calls again when he gets there because he doesn't see us right away. As I'm answering he says that he spots us and I find his familiar form at the far end of the main aisle. I turn around and say to E, "Hey look! There's Poppa - go get him!" And to my delight, he takes off running in his green rain boots with a huge grin on his face, and my Love starts waggling his arms over his head as he watches E approach, drawing the attention of nearby shoppers. The gap closes between them and in one big swooooop, T swings E up into his arms and targets several kisses into his neck, both of them laughing and smiling and making my heart push grateful tears into my eyes.

My God he's a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...