Monday, January 21, 2019

Adjustments


When you decide to shift inwardly and do some heavy self-reflection, there are implications for the team around you. It's a juggling act for me to manage this consultancy thing (get it off the ground? build a pipeline? what?) while really wanting to focus on being there for my littles and keeping the house peaceful and running smoothly -- and I steal moments for me. In the evening after the littles go to bed I like to use the quiet time to journal, to read, maybe binge watch a show, and just be still.  And it's causing issues. A person very important to me feels a bit abandoned.

So I am going to make adjustments. (starting tomorrow, since today got a bit messed up and here I am sitting next to him typing away instead of being present with him...).  I will get back to earlier wake-ups and use those amazing morning moments to reflect, to journal, to walk the dogs, and to just be more efficient. Leaving my evenings more free to be present. Productive mornings seem to set a whole day on the right track. I've lost that habit.

We do have a trip coming up, just the two of us. (my yoga/journaling dedication will be challenged...not bringing my laptop but I am bringing my mat). That will be an awesome reset opportunity. The holidays were hectic and overwhelming. The start-up back to work was a shock to the system. So now things are evening back out and the sensitivities are exposed, no chaos to hide behind.  Time to adjust and make sure connection is a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...