Sunday, January 20, 2019

40 Days


Oh hell what did I just do.

I signed up for my yoga studio's program from Baron Baptiste, 40 Days to Personal Revolution. It's a 40 day commitment to practice yoga, meditate (?!!), journal, and eat healthy. Every. Single. Day.

There's going to be a chart up on the studio wall with my name on it, along with all my other masochist friends, tracking our progress publicly.

The eating thing I feel like I have down. Good there.

The journaling, I mean, like a BOSS.

The yoga is tough because -- UGH it takes time and energy and doing it every day is going to make my family hate me unless I can really get on the ball and keep up with everything.

The meditation...yeah, I might have to futz that. No good at that. Maybe for a week.

Not Forty Days.

We'll see.

I thought I was all set -- thought, there's no "perfect" time so let's do this. I didn't want to hear about other folks doing it again and miss out. I want to add another layer to my practice. This is a great way to do that. It forces growth. And it's winter and the kids are in school so, good time.  But my main squeeze is giving me vibes that he's not cool with it. And I'm not sure why yet...so that's stressing me out. Giving up Sunday afternoons for meetings might be not a great idea -- we have lift tickets to use up and Sundays are good ski days....

So I gotta work through those pieces.

Other than that. Day 1: CHECK ✔︎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...