Sunday, December 23, 2018

Wow, This Feels Great


The eve before Christmas Eve, and my typical scenario is a mad-rush list of groceries, cooking, shopping, wrapping, cleaning and crazy all crammed into a few hours that are meant to be reflective and restorative.  This year, thanks to a flex schedule and a lack of actual paid work time, I am completely on top of things.

Tomorrow, I get to drink coffee leisurely, run a couple minor errands to add the finishing touch on a couple recipes, and enjoy a glass of wine while I cook up some yummy meals for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas morning breakfast.

That sounds like absolute heaven.

I'm marinating in gratitude for this amazing, unique time. I'm here, in my cozy home, with my healthy family resting peacefully, and all my tasks done that will help to foster the happy festivities that I love so much. Yeah, the money stuff scares me. Racking up some debt that the first few billable months will go toward paying off. But it's going to be okay. These memories are INCREDIBLE and I am not rushing through them trying to work full time and travel globally for a company that doesn't value me, while juggling sick children and meals and the house and two elderly dogs and a needy puppy all while neglecting my husband.

When have I ever had this much time to focus on domestic stuff? My own stuff? Not since I was in college! And I was lost in possibility then, rolling around aimlessly and feeling the anxiety of an undefined future. Now, I have a list a mile long of great things I want to do, and a family to do them for and with.

I am bursting at the seams. I am drenched in amazing gifts. Thank you Thank you Thank you for this special time. Tomorrow is a gift that I intend to sip one drop at a time, savoring every bright moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...