Thursday, December 20, 2018

To Write a Book...


...first you have to start.

This is on my bucket list - publishing a book - and I want it to be on the short list.

I met up with an author acquaintance of mine at a holiday party, and she gave me simple, practical advise: keep a file, and whenever you think of something (a quote, a moment, an idea) related to your book topic, just jot it down and put it in the file.

Brilliant. Break it down into small bits. I can do this. And I will start immediately.

I am going to write a book this coming year. At least the skeleton of a book that I can build on and turn into something I'm proud of. I've always felt like an author, and I every time I wander the shelves of a bookstore I think, "Man, these guys all just decided to write books! They didn't say, oh, there are so many books already...They knew the world needed more books!"  My voice will be among them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...