Thursday, November 8, 2018

Reprogramming


I have some beliefs about myself that I really want to disrupt. Total makeover. There are several, so I'm probably going to have to choose and focus and knock them down one at a time... A therapist isn't a bad idea, actually. Maybe that would expedite things.

So what are they:
1. I have nothing interesting to say
2. I am impatient, quick to anger, and set a poor example for my children
3. I don't have any original ideas
4. I am socially awkward (super uncool) and often say the wrong thing

Okay, I think that's enough for now (ugh. yuck.)

If I flip those around, and set an intention for how I want to be:

1. I am thoughtful and have opinions that matter
2. I am loving, calm and relaxed
3. I am full of ideas and trust my inner voice to articulate them
4. I am comfortable in my skin and belong to myself, therefore I belong anywhere and everywhere

Man, that sounds amazing. I want to be that person.

Where to start?  I think anger management is a top priority for me, because my children are young and (hopefully) still malleable enough that I can give them a better example of how an adult can behave.  So that is definitely a focus. So: I am loving, calm and relaxed. I practice breathing through frustration and have a broader perspective that allows me to see different sides of a situation, diffusing anger in myself and allowing me to float above the issue -- not letting it run my brain off down Crazy Town's parkway.  That is my focus for today, and I'm going to put that message on my bathroom mirror right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...