Friday, November 9, 2018

My Best Crow

At the yoga studio I call home, we are often encouraged to dedicate our yoga practice to someone we appreciate, someone who supports us and helps us in our quest to become our best selves.  Yesterday while we were practicing crow, Shannon (one of my FAVORITES) asked us to dedicate our crow to an individual who builds us up.  My crow was dedicated 1,000% to Tag.  And it was the best damn crow I have ever done.

As I connected to and felt his love and his humility, his generosity and his faith, I was able to lift into the most solid, most steady and light-as-air crow I have ever done. And I lifted back into Chaturanga like I was bouncing on a trampoline, light as a panther. Such is the power of great love and gratitude.

This man, Tag, has seen me at my ugliest worst. Many times. Shamefully, I can recall several recent moments where I lashed out, I spit my anger, I cut low... Yet this man remains dedicated to me and our family. He sees beyond my dark shadow and helps me believe in the light that he sees. I lost my job just over a year ago, and he has not for a moment worried that I wouldn't figure it out. He saw me struggle and cry and even despair, but at every turn he would say, "Hey, here's an idea for you," or, "I'm gonna get these wall easels for you and create a painting space for you," or "I could totally see you doing that; you need to consider this opportunity," stretching me and laying out possibility in front of me, even as I nastily retort, "I can't do that," "That's not my expertise," "I'm no good at that."

I look back at the past several months and am humbled by the gifts, the giving, of my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...