Monday, November 12, 2018

Been thinking about Abundance



My husband gets this. He is the most generous person I know. With his time, his energy, his patience, his finances, you name it.

I struggle with it. I'm like the teeter-totter of generosity. Sometimes I am so all-in that it gets a bit ridiculous. But more often, I am a bit of a Scrooge. Stingy. Counting the bits. Weighing the inputs and outputs.

Yogis will tell us that happiness comes when we shorten our wish list. Want less, happy more. Enlightenment is nothing and everything. Abundant thinking leads to abundant living. And of course, gratitude to light the path.

It's been on my mind a lot lately. The more abundantly we treat the resources we have, the more freely we will share them, I get that. But we need to act abundantly even when we see that resources are slim...that is true generosity. And it leads to richer abundance. It requires an act of faith.

Giving of myself more freely, more generously, without measuring it out, that feels like an abundant lifestyle, one that will pay dividends in joy, in connection, in peace, in love and friendship.  The mantra I've selected for myself, that I try to keep repeating to myself, I think will help me strive for this [I am loving, calm and relaxed]. If people begin to think of me the way they think about Tag - and how giving he is and how connecting he is with people - that will be a legacy I can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...