Thursday, December 13, 2018

What will I miss most?


Lately my daughter has waves of affection for me and her father. "I love you so much mamma," out of nowhere, even 3 minutes following an outburst of "You are the worst!" She's working through emotion management is my guess, so we're riding the waves and my husband reminds me not to roughen the water.  Looking back on this for a second though, I think I should simply focus on loving this.  These are moments I will hunger for down the road. And now I have them in spades.

My little guy is this incredibly funny, affectionate little person too. How many moments am I streaming through in my haste to "get things done?"  He is in full-on five year old fill-the-air-with-noise mode. So it can be a lot. Of talking. Of noise making. Of questions.  And yes, I'm going to miss this.

This is the time that my aunts and uncles are missing as they look back on their family lives. Maybe my parents too. I know my husband's siblings miss this time.  And I am IN IT RIGHT NOW.

Loving this - all of this: happy, family, children-filled, snow-day mayhem, chaos and cuddles moments that I will one day wish with all my might that I could get just one day back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...