Saturday, December 8, 2018

Got Brain Clarity?


What is UP?  Never have I felt so unable to tow the line, get on top if it, lock and load, run through the list and snap it together.  I wander the grocery aisles, repeatedly staring at my scritched list of needed items as if they are somehow multiplying. And still I check out, arrive home and immediately forehead smack as I think, "Crappola! How could I not think to pick that up?!"

Gone is my crystal clarity of thought.  I heard that you can learn memory skills, and better use your brain. It isn't about intelligence, it's about practice and technique and use of the brain. Anybody can do it.  Shoot, I need to sign up for some of that!  Something. Anything!

If it's hormones, I'm screwed.  If it's because the kids are underfoot 70% of the time, then I need to sort that out. And if it's because I'm simply allowing 10,000 things to swirl in my head at any given moment, then I need to get real about prioritizing and scheduling and knocking it OUT. Because I can't take this anymore.

Monday:  Kids, Yoga, and then Hammer Time. Punch it out and get that calendar loaded with focus.

In fact, there is NOTHING stopping me doing that Right Now.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...