Sunday, December 30, 2018

Gluttony


Time to fast, cleanse, clear out and make space.

Tomorrow is the last day of the year, and I am feeling crowded. Not just in my gut (oh my gosh so much food), but in the spaces all around me. Too much stuff. Too many tasks. Crowded. Over stuffed.

My kids' rooms need a good de-clutter to make room for the new goodies they got for Christmas. The pantry needs a total reorg. And I am feeling a strong urge to clear out cabinets, shelves, closets and drawers...as part of a refresh. Prepping for a fresh new year. Simplifying. Making room for possibility, for movement, for the beauty of just having space - not to fill it, but to feel it.

Feeling very gluttonous after this week -- shopping, cooking, baking, eating, filling trash bins with garbage. Ugh. Glad for a ceremonial end of the year -- I'm going to have a cleansing fire ritual with my kids tomorrow.

Let's refresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...