Saturday, December 29, 2018

Juried Application?


It was suggested to me this evening, by an artist I tremendously respect, that I apply for membership in the McGuffey Art Center, which would involve a juried assessment of my artwork by all existing members of the Center.

OMG.

This idea makes me sparkle on the inside. I'm a glowy bulb of excitement and anxiety and what-ifs.

Is this my next challenge?  I need one -- to spark my painting. What would my submitted collection look like? Would I get all the portraits back and show them? Would I make more portraits? Of maybe famous people? Recognizable people? Local celebrities? Would I play around with landscapes? Abstracts? Blossoms ala Blandino?

The next application round is in January. Too soon. But May is possible. What could I accomplish by May? What would I learn being part of an actual Art Society???!!!

OMG OMG OMG

This is going to keep me up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakthrough

Today was a tough yoga class. For whatever reason Shannon was intent on pushing our limits more than normal - I had to really work to get ...